Installation of Codeloader
- First, make sure you have installed Java version >1.6.0
- Next, download the files "Installation Package for Windows", and "Codeloader (Java)". Unzip the driver-win-imote2.zip in a new directory.
- After attaching the new flashed Imote2 device, press button on the device within the first 3 seconds. Now the boot process of the device is halted and is waiting for an image and letting you install a driver in Windows. Follow the driver installation wizard, and select location of the prior unziped .inf file.
- After the successful installation of the driver package, you can use the codeloader to upload new images.
Special instructions for cygwin used for TinyOS
- After startup of cygwin, please check, a Java version > 1.6.0 is running, by typing
java -v. If this is not the case, check by
which java where this version resides uninstall/delete it and install a new version. If a new version is present in the Windows installation directory, cygwin will use it.
- Copy the downloaded jar-file to
/opt and copy the file
- Now you can flash the Imote2 by executing
codeloader.sh with the appropriate parameters